(Includes ILM L5 Cert in Business Improvement)
Duration: 5 days
This five day ILM qualification in coaching is ideal if you are a manager with responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of your day-to-day role. It will also support you if you are planning to move into a development role in your organization or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
The course includes three modules:
1. Understand the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring.
2. Undertake management coaching in the workplace.
3. Review your own ability as a management coach.
These three modules consist of 37 hours of study. In addition you will be expected to undertake 12 hours of coaching, plus additional reading and reflection.
What’s different about Embrion’s programme?
There are a number of ILM Approved Centre’s in the UK. What’s different about our approach is the quality of our trainers and our material. In addition to the core syllabus we provide additional material, to help stretch your knowledge and help you develop the skills to start planning for your own coaching business or make best use of coaching in your organization. We provide an extensive pack of materials, plus a free copy of one of the UK’s bets selling coaching books Excellence in Coaching, written by one of our team, and provide expert guide to steer you through the assessment process.
Benefits to you
- Get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organization
- Be able to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan your further development.
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organization.
Benefits for your employer
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organization
- Encourage managers to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance
For further details about the qualification you can download a copy of the full syllabus from ILM’s website.